Seacliff Primary School OSHC
OSHC is a fun, friendly and safe recreational environment where children learn through play. Our service has been rated as Exceeding National Quality Standards, which puts us in the top 5% of the country! OSHC is a nonprofit organisation where any surplus is reinvested into improving OSHC facilities and programs.
The OSHC team is comprised of quality educators who are either qualified, working towards the qualification or possess the appropriate skills and experience. All OSHC staff are trained in Responding to Abuse and Neglect (RAN-EC), have DCSI Working with children clearances and have met all of DECD’s requirements. The current OSHC Director, Sarah Burgan is a qualified teacher and began working at Seacliff OSHC in April of 2018.
Before School Care Program 6:45am- 9:15am Permanent $11.50 Casual $14.00
A complimentary breakfast is provided from 6:45am-8am and includes a variety of toasts with spreads, cereal, and a once a week pancake breakfast and milo morning. Children can engage in a wide variety of activities including hall play, outside play, inside play and facilitating the use of all OSHC equipment, homework, crafts and games.
After School Care Program 2:45pm-6:15pm Permanent $20.50 Casual $23.00
An enjoyable and full program is provided after school. A variety of different healthy snacks and a fruit and vegetable platter is provided around 4pm. OSHC educators provide many exciting activities for the children such as science experiments, gardening, mental challenges, games, treasure hunts, crafts and construction. Free choice is encouraged and promoted. Children have access to designated relaxation and homework areas.
Vacation Care and Pupil Free Days 6:45am-6:15pm $55 or $60 for excursions
Each day in Vacation Care has an exciting program, whether it be a fun excursion, or in house entertainment organised.
OSHC is also open on Pupil Free Days. Be sure to check out the program to book in for Vacation Care and Pupil Free days early as we fill up quickly.
Seacliff OSHC provides a walking bus service before school and after school to the Seacliff Kindergarten and Seacliff Montessori. A first aid trained OSHC member walks the children down to the Kindy/Montessori at 8:40am. In the afternoon, the children are collected from Kindy/Montessori at 3pm, to walk together to OSHC for a 3:15pm arrival. The walking bus ratio is 1:5 and the ratio at OSHC is 1:10 for 4-year-old children.
To apply for subsidies, please call 13 61 50 to register and then provide OSHC with your Customer Reference Number.
Director: Sarah Burgan
Assistant Director: Emison Barrowcliff
Phone: 8298 3742
Mobile: 0414 293 860
OSHC Enrolment Process
- Complete and return the pink enrolment form.
- Complete and return additional medical forms if required.
- Contact the Family Assistance Office (136150) and register for government Child Care Subsidies.
- Provide OSHC with your Customer Reference Numbers.
Fees and charges
- Enrolment processing fee: $10
- Late payment fee: $10 p/week.
- Children arriving without a booking: If OSHC is at capacity or we do not have a current enrolment, the child will be asked to go to the office.
- OSHC hat $6.50
Bookings, cancellations and signing procedures
- Bookings are essential.
- Permanent and casual bookings are accepted.
- Written bookings requested via OSHC booking’s book are preferred. Email, text, letter and verbal bookings are also accepted.
- Changes of bookings and cancellations need to be notified.
- Bookings made 6 days before will be considered a Permanent booking
- Bookings made under 6 days will be considered casual and will incur an additional cost
- Bookings cancelled before 6 days will be of no charge
- Bookings not cancelled in time will incur their normal charge
- Children must be signed in every morning and out every afternoon.
Please speak with OSHC staff should you have any further questions.